Freelance Roles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Campaign

5 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

The Campaign - Page 8 Empty Re: The Campaign

Post by Eternal Chronicler Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:25 pm

DM wrote:New initiative order;
Fizzlefingers > Derin > Skeletons > Dwinlin > Wizard guy. Maiyn is still not in combat.

I feel it necessary to encourage description when making your attacks. A well-described swing of someone's rapier directed for effect through a skeleton's hollow eye socket will more likely be rewarded than "I attack the skeleton", if you catch my drift.

Also, Eddren. Declarations; I need them. I don't have Fizz's spell list, so I don't know what explosions you might be talking about.

The skeletons - numbering five in the dim visibility afforded by Fizzlefingers' spell - converged on the two armored figures forward in the room; the first to reach inside of Derin's reach promptly received the crushing end of his morning star squarely in the ribs, breaking several of them but not enough to deter the creature from striking in turn.

Fortunately for those involved, the two clawlike strikes in Derin's direction and three towards Dwinlin were of themselves no match for the superior armor of half-elf and dwarf alike; the only 'damage' to speak of amounted to a scrape or two on their shields, at worst.
Eternal Chronicler
Eternal Chronicler
Writer of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by thegenesischild Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:50 pm

Dwinlin swung at the skeleton that Derin had made contact with first, almost swinging through it to the next one beside it.

{Power Attack for 3 extra damage, and if applicable, Cleave}
thegenesischild
thegenesischild
Apprentice Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternal Chronicler Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:03 pm

Dwinlin wrote:Be it the duration since her last battle, a hampering of balance with her shield in hand or merely a stroke of terrible luck, Dwinlin's axe fell short of its target, the additional momentum behind her intended strike throwing her momentarily off-balance in the wake of her own would-be devastating strike.

The mage didn't miss a beat. With a step back to put him roughly in line with Fizzlefingers, he went into the throes of another spell, setting loose two spheres of glowing energy into the skeleton that Derin had already struck at, promptly dismantling its figure and sending it hurdling back in pieces.
Eternal Chronicler
Eternal Chronicler
Writer of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by buya1 Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:40 pm

Derin will attempt a swing with dramatic overhead to try and connect with the next un-resting soul to try and return it to its former state.

buya1
Apprentice Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eddren Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:14 pm

Fizzlefingers wrote:
First of all, posting a continuation of the battle without actually including the resolution of everyone's actions--Not cool.
Second of all, it's his feat. It doesn't have a particular name for the attack, so it's just an explosion.
Eddren
Eddren
Historian of the Ancients

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternal Chronicler Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:56 pm

Eddren wrote:
First of all, posting a continuation of the battle without actually including the resolution of everyone's actions--Not cool.
Second of all, it's his feat. It doesn't have a particular name for the attack, so it's just an explosion.
DM wrote:I also don't have his feats list. You sent me an image of only the front page. Not an easy thing to go by with casters, unfortunately. Since the only spell-like feat I can find is "Fiery Burst", that's what I'm going to have to go with, in which case the three skeletons closing on Dwinlin also would have taken some burns. Problem solved, but I will note it is hard to work with things like this on a first time. Cut me some slack x.x
Eternal Chronicler
Eternal Chronicler
Writer of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Eddren Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:20 pm

Fizzlefingers, expecting for the enemies to begin converging upon Dwinlin, rose his hands and cast Minor Illusion, giving the Dwarf the illusory appearance of having taken two steps to the right, as well as giving her the appearance of swinging her weapon a second time at a third skeleton, though the illusion would intentionally miss. "Dwinlin. You should be appearing to move two steps to the right. Under no circumstances should you step into that area. Derin, now would be the time to assist Dwinlin. Nothing too intense: Just make sure to lend your strength to her defense.
Eddren
Eddren

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternal Chronicler Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:47 pm

DM wrote:buya, I suspect I'll have to reiterate this for you specifically. Initiative order. Try not to break it.

Also, Eddren: I feel it necessary to inform you that Minor Image creates a replica; it does not eliminate visibility of the subject for the illusion. While it's still likely as heck to confuse the heck out of mindless creatures such as these skeletons, I just thought I'd let you know.

Fizzlefingers wrote:Sure enough, Fizzlefingers' ploy worked; the three skeletons half-surrounding Dwinlin turned their attention promptly to the conjured projection at her side, sweeping claws through the illusion which only sputtered slightly in their wake.

Derin wrote:Though left vulnerable for a brief moment by the overexaggerated overhead chop of Derin's morning star, the resulting impact struck with perhaps more force than intended, splintering the skeleton's skull right out and sundering the connection from several of its vertebrae to its ribs along the way.
Eternal Chronicler
Eternal Chronicler
Writer of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by buya1 Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:07 pm

(sorry I was aware of the order but i did not know when id be able to post again ill give an excuse in my post next time if I have to do something like that again)

buya1
Apprentice Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by thegenesischild Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:05 pm

Dwinlin swings again at the skeletons filling the corridor.

{To Hit: 12= Nat 6 + 4 BAB + 3 STR + 1 Magic + 1 Weapon Focus - 3 Power Attack. Damage: 14= Nat 5 + 3 STR + 3 Power Attack + 2 Weapon Specialization + 1 Magic}

{Cleave if applicable: To Hit: 16= Nat 10 + 4 BAB + 3 STR + 1 Magic + 1 Weapon Focus - 3 Power Attack. Damage: 15= Nat 6 + 3 STR + 3 Power Attack + 2 Weapon Specialization + 1 Magic}

{Greater Cleave if applicable, let me know and I can keep going all day...}

Last edited by thegenesischild on Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:08 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : forgot Weapon Specialization and Magic damage)
thegenesischild
thegenesischild
Apprentice Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eddren Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:19 pm

Fizzlefingers, meanwhile, repositioned himself carefully, using the stones to mark roughly when his allies would be five feet within him. (Go with a rough estimate, three inches over or under as you choose.) And rose his hands, murmuring to himself. Slowly, a mist began swirling out from around him stopping roughly where the two sides were clashing, obscuring his allies from the skeletons. "The mist can obscure your movements. Use it to your adventage."
Eddren
Eddren

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternal Chronicler Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:16 pm

Much to Dwinlin's chagrin, the follow-through on her initial strike proved unsuccessful as well, as the skeleton she had moved to strike at merely put a boney leg back and avoided the oncoming axe that would have otherwise cloven it in two.

Meanwhile the strange wizard went into the throes of another spell, once again sending two orbs of force out at two of the three remaining skeletons, felling one and leaving the other looking in such a shape that it could easily fall apart at any moment.
Eternal Chronicler
Eternal Chronicler
Writer of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternal Chronicler Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:38 pm

OoC wrote:It has come to my attention that Lunaric Illumination is literally incapable of signing onto Freelance Roles from his computer at home. Apparently his wi-fi simply doesn't work as far as Freelance itself is concerned. Assuming the same issue isn't occurring with buya1, I'd like to take a vote and open up to ideas concerning how (or, regrettably, if) we are to move forward.
Eternal Chronicler
Eternal Chronicler
Writer of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by thegenesischild Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:47 pm

OoC wrote:I'd say reaching out to both of them and finding out what difficulties they are having first of all, and if it's a long-term or just a short-term issue. If one or both are having long-term major issues, then we can find someone(s) to fill their role either permanently or until said issue is fixed. I know one person who would play if we ever got a character finished (and if she's needed, it will get done for sure).
thegenesischild
thegenesischild
Apprentice Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eddren Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:53 am

OoC wrote:Whatever works, works. If they can get them resolved soon, then a few weeks of waiting can't hurt. Otherwise, we ought to find someone to take their place.
Eddren
Eddren

Back to top Go down

Post by buya1 Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:36 pm

with a strong throaty grunt derin swings his weapon at the last of the undead.

(gosh Im sorry guys I've literally been busy cleaning my whole house and just been going to sleep right afterwards I shal make a more conscious effort to post)

buya1
Apprentice Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternal Chronicler Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:25 am

DM wrote:Okay, the campaign is on hold for the moment. At least until we can establish another rogue or otherwise fix our "we have no skill monkey" problem.
Eternal Chronicler
Eternal Chronicler
Writer of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternal Chronicler Wed May 28, 2014 7:39 am

DM wrote:Okay, we have a new rogue on the way. For the sake of convenience, I'm going to say this encounter is over, but I need to be sure everyone is still on board. To that end, I need PM's, no sense cluttering up the thread.
Eternal Chronicler
Eternal Chronicler
Writer of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternal Chronicler Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:14 pm

DM wrote:Welp, it appears we are now without our cleric. I've been unable to contact him with regards to the situation, and given the pacing of things thus far, I'm having certain difficulties trying to formulate a plan of action that will get this ball rolling again. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd certainly love to hear them, but at this particular point in time, I'm afraid this campaign is postponed.
Eternal Chronicler
Eternal Chronicler
Writer of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum